Friday, March 31, 2006

I'M GOING TO DISNEYLAND!!

So I need to do a 120 hour Practicum for school (like a mini-internship). I have been looking for companies that take adults with disabilities to Walt Disney World. That is when I stumbled on this website http://www.searchbeyond.com/search/website/info/main_about.stm .... take a look... If you aren't going to look i'll explain it. It is a company based in several cities that plans trips to spots all over the world, Bahamas, Los Angeles, WDW, France, etc. We I emailed the person who is in charged and asked if I could volunteer on a trip to Walt Disney World.. Here is the reply I got

Hi Marc, We're moving and expanding our MA office, but since we needed more affordable space we moved in west of Boston. May 1 we open it in a small town, PALMER, which is about 15 minutes east of Springfield, MA. So I don't know if that would be too far for you. It's a big office (an old school building) with lots of windows and air so we think it will be pleasant to work in. If you're interested I believe we can work this out. We've had interns before, and I have an masters in recreation so can probably qualify to supervise any field projects. We have an operation in Orlando with 3 staff working there (they went to the Bahamas today!). But they typically don't need any more staff; three are sufficient more most tours. They run all the Disney stuff there, but don't participate in other operational functions. However, we also have tours in Los Angeles that go to Disneyland and Universal Studios, etc. We closed down our office there a couple years ago so now we fly staff in for those tours. Maybe that would be an attractive alternative to Orlando? We have a trip monthly to Los Angeles. Let me know what you think. I just returned from our MA office to MN, and will be out here until April 15th, then back to MA for a little while. We're actually moving our customer service and administration to Palmer, MA (currently in MN) so our presence will increase in MA and we will maintain a smaller operation in MN. So in May I'll pretty much be in MA full-time.

So if you read that correctly, I was offered a position to go to Disneyland, in Cali... FOR FREEE!!!.... and I get to help out some people with Disabilites who love Mickey... just like me : ) So I am VERY Happy right now!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home